How to Make a Difference at CCM
Volunteer opportunities available to help create CCM's newest approach to building family stability. Please click here for more information.
1) CCM has shelter and housing programs to aid families that for one reason or another find themselves homeless. Right now, we have five homes in need of preparation for a family to move in. Our need is interior painting. Thanks to Lowes and Home Depot, we have the materials and supplies, but we are in great need of volunteers to apply them. If you or a group you know of or belong to would like to help, please contact Tery Albright at CCM at 704-490-4250 ext 853. We would like to get the families moved in as soon as possible. Thank you for anything you can do to help!
2) Food Pick-up from Earth Fare in Concord. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning shifts available. Requires use of personal vehicle. Please contact Lorie Williams at 704-490-4245 for more information.
3) Mothers & Children Housing (MaC) - Answer phones and administrative duties Monday through Friday afternoons from 1-5PM
4) My Father's House (MFH)
1) Volunteer Receptionist - Wednesdays 1-4:30PM and to serve as a fill-in when others are out.
2) Childcare Volunteers - when programs are held in the evenings for parents, we need people to spend time with our kids - playing outside, playroom/playground, crafts, board games, etc.
3) Van Drivers - times/days vary depending on need. CDL not required.
To support the work of CCM with your financial contributions, please click here.
We are blessed by the amount of community support that we receive and we are especially thankful for the faithful support of all of our volunteers. On any given month we have more than 250 active volunteers, who are the heart of this ministry. When you volunteer at CCM, you inspire hope in the lives of those less fortunate.
Whatever your skills and time constraints are, we welcome your commitment to making a difference by donating your time. Each volunteer job opportunity requires a specific task and time commitment, from one-time projects to once a week responsibilities. Although we have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities the need in each of these areas fluctuates.
Please complete the Volunteer Application (pdf version) and return to address shown on the application.
Click here for the Volunteer Handbook.