How to Make a Difference at CCM
1) Teaching Housing Program – Great projects for individual or team volunteers!
Right now, we have two of our homes in need of preparation for a family to move in. Our need is interior painting. Paint, materials and supplies will be provided. We have families waiting to move in and other projects at these two locations are being completed, but we need painters. We would like to get the families moved in by the end of June.
At a separate home, a fence needs to be installed and stained. Materials and supplies will be provided. Project includes setting posts and attaching prefabricated fence panels. Panels could be stained prior to installation as a separate project. Project needs to be completed by July 13th.
2) Food program – Need volunteers to help in the remodeling of our food pantry at the Crisis Center. Project would include interior painting and assembling of new shelving. The dates for this project could run from June 29th to July 9th depending on the number of volunteers recruited. The Crisis Center will be closed to the public during these dates.
If you or a group you know of or belong to would like to help out on any of these projects, please contact David Maulden at CCM (704/786-4709 x823). Thank you for anything you can do to help!
3) Mothers & Children Housing (MaC) - Answer phones and administrative duties Monday through Friday afternoons from 1-5PM
4) My Father's House (MFH)
1) Volunteer Receptionist - Wednesdays 1-4:30PM and to serve as a fill-in when others are out.
2) Childcare Volunteers - when programs are held in the evenings for parents, we need people to spend time with our kids - playing outside, playroom/playground, crafts, board games, etc.
3) Van Drivers - times/days vary depending on need. CDL not required.
To support the work of CCM with your financial contributions, please click here.
We are blessed by the amount of community support that we receive and we are especially thankful for the faithful support of all of our volunteers. On any given month we have more than 250 active volunteers, who are the heart of this ministry. When you volunteer at CCM, you inspire hope in the lives of those less fortunate.
Whatever your skills and time constraints are, we welcome your commitment to making a difference by donating your time. Each volunteer job opportunity requires a specific task and time commitment, from one-time projects to once a week responsibilities. Although we have a wide variety of volunteer opportunities the need in each of these areas fluctuates.
Please complete the Volunteer Application (pdf version) and return to address shown on the application.
Click here for the Volunteer Handbook.