Mothers & Children Housing Ministry
Mothers & Children Housing Ministry is a transitional housing program for mothers with preadolescent children who have become or are in eminent danger of being homeless.
Safety … responsibility … accountability … progress are all program priorities.
An increasing number of single mothers are facing homelessness today!
This ministry provides a mother:
- A safe place for her children
- A caring environment to grow in
- An opportunity to regain stability
- Resources to become independent
- And most importantly ... Hope for the Future
Eligibility Criteria for Mothers & Children Housing Ministry (MaC)
To be eligible for the program the mother/custodian must:
- Provide information for a family assessment
- Provide information and a signed release for a background check
- Pass a drug screening
- Be physically and psychologically capable of living self-sufficiently
- Be willing to interact with staff and other residents with mutual respect and support
- Commit to make positive changes and become self-sufficient
- Agree to abide by the house rules and requirements set forth in the Resident Handbook
- Demonstrate the potential for increased household income
The Mothers & Children Housing Ministry does not maintain a waiting list for the program. In the event of program availability, past applicants may be contacted to determine continued interest in and eligibility for the program.
While you are shopping can you pick up an item or two from this list for the MaC?
Storage/Freezer Baggies (all sizes)
Trash Bags (30-33 gal.)
Feminine Hygiene Products
Plastic Mattress Cover (twin)
Diapers (size 4 )
LED Light Bulbs (indoor &outdoor bulbs)
Gift Cards (Walmart, Target, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Gas Cards, etc.)
Swiffer Wet Jet & Mopping Pads
Laundry Detergent (HE)
Ceiling Fan Dusters
Batteries (AA, AAA & D)
Wash Clothes & Hand Towels
Plastic shower curtain
Evening Meal Provider
Life Skills Instructor
Children’s Activity Coordinator