I LOVE MY CITY 30 Day Challenge!Kelli Holleman2020-04-23T16:13:31-04:00
I LOVE MY CITY 30 Day Challenge!
(beginning Friday, March 27th)
Individuals, Families, and Small Groups can share ways that they have “LOVED” their city, neighborhood, and neighbors during this crisis via social media using #ILMC2020.
Some ways you can serve:
• Church of God Children’s Home of NC, Inc. needs N95 masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and disposable gowns for at-risk children. Call 704-788-1164,8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
• Community Free Clinic needs financial support for supplies, materials, and new expenses to support infrastructure and Telehealth options. Contact Nancy Litton at email@example.com or 980-498-3501.
• CVAN needs masks for battered women and children and staff. Contact Mary Margaret Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-788-1108.
• Opportunity House & Harmony UMC needs bread, canned goods and non-perishables, cleaning supplies, sanitizer, paper products, personal items, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and feminine products. Drop off between 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m., Monday-Friday, Opportunity House, 72 Corban Ave. SW, Concord, NC.
• Elder Orphan Care needs financial donations for groceries, deliveries, ramps, medical equipment, etc. Window units for heat/air conditioning are also needed. Drop off between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, at 325 McGill Ave. NW, Suite 520, Concord, NC. Contact Kim Jackson at email@example.com or 704-787-5280.
• First Responders 1st needs Personal Protective Equipment and gift cards to local restaurants and grocery stores for first responders. Contact Lonnie Clouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-453-3883.
• New Healthcare Concepts, Inc. needs fabric face masks for local nursing home facilities. For a facemask pattern or to schedule your pickup/delivery, contact Susan Stirewalt at email@example.com or 704-273-7476.
Cabarrus County Blessing Boxes
It only takes 1 item to make a difference. Now that schools are closed, our blessing boxes are even more important to our community! Please drop off a few items for a box. For more information, follow them on Facebook.
Boxes are located at:
1. Concord Fire Stations
Station #5 – 179 Pitt School Rd., Concord
Station #4 – 1165 Warren C Coleman Blvd., Concord
2. Cabarrus Health Alliance – 300 Mooresville Rd., Kannapolis
3. One life Church -1030 Central Dr. NW, Concord
4. Z Max Dragway off Bruton Smith Blvd
Cooperative Christian Ministry food pantry needs:
Any kind of canned vegetables (except green beans)
Baked beans (ideally 15 or 16 oz. cans)
Tuna and canned chicken
Peanut butter and jelly
Plastic grocery bags
Right now, we have plenty of canned green beans, dried beans, mixed fruit, macaroni & cheese, cereal, toilet paper and paper towels.